News and Announcements
Skiers and Parents,
A quick update with summer training, we are waiting on the governor, the school district, and the state high school league to give us the okay to hold any sort of in-person practices. Until we hear from them we can’t say anything for sure. We are hoping that we will be able to hold practices as usual, but we are currently making plans for what we can do if this is not the case.
We will be contacting the captains in the next few days regarding what they and their team can do. We will also looking into options for setting up a way for the athletes to connect with us regarding their training (using a fitness app or spreadsheet).
A reminder that until the stay at home order is removed, athletes should not gather for any form of practice. After the order is lifted, captains practices may be possible, provided social distancing is maintained.
Welcome Parents to the 2019-2020 Nordic Season
The Booster Club is excited to kick off the season with our first race on December 4th. We wanted to take some time to go over what the booster club is, how you can help and how the actions of the booster affect the team. The purpose of a Booster Club is defined as “an organization that is formed to help support the efforts of a sports team or organization. Support is shown in many ways, including volunteering time, raising money, and contributing funds to better enhance the team or organization’s performance.”
The Booster Club is made up of all parents and everyone is welcome to attend the monthly meetings, it is not required to be a director on the Booster Club Board.
The Booster Club provides financial support for items that are NOT covered by the school district and are not included in the sport registration cost the school collects. One of the main items that the booster club provides is equipment for the team.
Here is a list of some of the items that are by the Booster Club:
- Roller skis- Available Free of charge to the skiers.
- Bindings for the Roller Skis
- Classic and State skis- Skiers rent for a fraction of the cost rather than buying.
- Race Bibs- These will be worn by all skier on both JV and Varsity at all the races. They are part of the uniforms.
- Ski Wax- Available to all skiers to use when they wax their skis after practice the day before a race and at the race if needed.
- Waxing equipment- stands, irons, scrappers, fasteners
- Clam Shelter- Available at the races for skiers to wax their skis.
- Seating- Available at the races for the skiers to use between races.
Without the support of the parents or fundraising, the Booster Club would not be able to provide any of the equipment needs of the team.
- With a smaller team of skiers this season it is important to the success of the program to have all families volunteer. Sign up Genius is available for parents to sign up to be timers at the races, bring items for the pasta feeds, bring snacks to the races and help with the banquet.
- The Booster club has 2 open positions and are looking for volunteers to help out. Please let Kathy Fiala know if you are interested in filling one of the open positions.
- Vice President. The Vice-President shall act and perform the duties of the President whenever the President is unavailable or unable to carry out the duties of the President. They organize the leaders of various committees and help to make the behind the scenes needs happen.
- Secretary. The Secretary shall be responsible for the creation and distribution of the Booster Club meeting agenda and minutes and responsible for notifying all Board Members and Booster Club Members of upcoming meetings and activities.
- Participate in the fundraising- The Booster Club has about 120 remaining Papa Murphy cards yet to sell and we need help from all the families to get these sold.
- Offer ideas for future fundraising events.
Unfortunately, with low participation in the Papa Murphy fundraiser this season, the Booster Club has had to make some budget cuts and changes to what they would be funding for the team. Pasta feeds, pizza party and additional food for some of the meets will need to be items donated by the families this year. Please sign up to bring an item on Sign Up Genius for the pasta feeds and watch for more sign ups as items are added.
Thank you Parents for your understanding, help and feedback. The Booster Club could not exist without all of you.
Nordic Booster Club Directors
1. Go to your profile page.
2. Click, Calendar.
3. Then, Click Subscribe.
4. You can start to sync your calendar to your personal calendar
5. Choose your personal calendar app and follow the instructions.