News and Announcements
The parent meeting for the 2020/21 season will be held virtually as a Google meet. https://meet.google.com/mvc-pkvo-mjc
1. Introduction of the Booster Club members
2. Message from the Booster Club President, Kathy Fiala
- Skiers information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include skier name, parent/s name/s, address, skier and parent cell numbers, and parent email address. If you are a returning skier and no info has changed, please email Ann to let her know.
- Ski rental fee is $50, checks payable to Andover Nordic
- No additional equipment fees at this time. The booster may request later in the season if necessary.
- The website will be the main source for current information. If you have not requested to join the website yet, please do so.
- Volunteers are needed throughout the season.
- Sign Up Genius will be used for all sign ups.
- Apparel that was ordered and buffs that are available for purchase
- Open booster positions
3. Message from Coach Drew on important information regarding the season.
The document Andover_Nordic_Skiing_2021.pdf was attached to this post.
The Nordic season will begin on January 4th and the school website should be available for skiers to sign up. At this time the team will start practices and the first competition will be delayed until we receive further information as to when and how that will be allowed to take place.
Andover Nordic Booster Meeting
When: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Join with Google Meet
Andover Nordic Parent Meeting
When: Mon Dec 30, 2020 7:00pm
Join with Google Meet
Per the governors order, the earliest that the Nordic season could start would be December 21st. At this time there isn’t any additional information available yet and no official season start date.
If you have the ability to get outside to run, rollerski, or ski on snow take advantage of that. Just a reminder that we should not gather with people outside of our household for captains practice or in training groups at this time.
The start of the season is Monday, November 30th. There isn’t a whole lot of information other than the restrictions from the high school league:
Nordic skiing guidance
A couple of important parts:
1. No invitationals this season (no Mesabi or ABC relays)
2. Triangular meets within our conference
3. No access to a chalet this season
4. There will be restrictions on where parents can stand to watch meets
5. Masks will be required
6. Races are limited to 1 lap
Watch for more information once a schedule is received and details are released.
Andover Nordic Booster
This WEEKEND (Sept 11th to Sept 13th)
Huge savings on this year’s and previous year’s XC ski gear and apparel, up to 60% off retail.
XC Clothing: All last year apparel 40-50% off. 2020/2021
XC Service Sale: FREE hotbox with all ski and grind purchases this weekend. Also, check out our grinds
XC Ski Poles: All ski poles are 20-60% off. Shop: HERE
Save at least 10-20% on all new incoming 2020/2021 gear
Ski flex tester: Come have Matt Liebsch check out your ski fit. Flex test and fleet analysis available. Discuss race room ski orders
ON-LINE CUSTOMERS: Use coupon “FALLSALE” to take 10% off site wide including already discounted gear
415 County Road 81, Osseo, MN 55369